Friday, January 13, 2006

Rooting for the Gazelles

I had a fun dream the other night, which I'll tell you about now. Don't worry; there's no "screwing."

I dreamed I was reading a review of the new ELO Greatest Hits CD (which, I'm positive, was prompted by my real-life reading of a real-life review on copacetic zine, and, incidentally, if you go there, and check out Mike's blog (which I do frequently) you'll see an unnecessarily flattering reference to us, which surprised the hell out of us, and made us blush). In the review, the author referred to a much-acclaimed ELO record called Stop Shooting the Robot.
As far as I know, ELO never released a record called Stop Shooting the Robot. I didn't do any research, but I'm pretty sure.

For some reason, I seemed to wake up right after I dream-read the part of the dream-review that contained that album title, and, of course, I was really amused by it, and I didn't want to forget it, so I felt for and found a pencil and a piece of paper on the nightstand, and in the dark, I wrote "Stop Shooting the Robot." I couldn't see anything in the dark, though, and when I woke up the next morning, I looked at the piece of paper and it was blank! I don't know what happened. Maybe I wasn't pressing hard enough, in my stupor, or maybe I was using the wrong end of the pencil. Luckily, I was able to remember the fake album title.

I'm considering buying the ELO record, incidentally, because Jesus so clearly wants me to have it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when you woke up and checked the blank peice of paper that you thought you wrote on, did you look over and it was written on amandas forhead?
(i thought it was funny :/)

paul said...

You know, you're probably right.
-Both of you.