Tuesday, January 17, 2006

"7th Heaven," R.I.P. 1995(-ish) to 2006

No doubt you've already heard. When I first got wind of it, I figured it had to be some kind of joke; a really not-funny joke.

It's true, though. "7th Heaven," TV's, "Longest-running family drama,"(according to the official WB "7th Heaven" page) is finally closing its doors for good, after approximately ten years on the air. The network cites, "High costs," as the main reason, and maybe that's really the reason.

I never missed an episode. Actually, that's not accurate; I almost never watched the show, but the four or five times I did see portions of
"7th Heaven" will always be remembered as some of the happiest moments of my life. I know; it begs the question, "Why didn't you just watch the show more often, if it made you that happy?" I don't know.

Ah! How I used to chortle to the antics of the dad/priest guy who I thought was Ken Kercheval, but isn't.
He was tough but fair. (I just learned, via the WB site, that he's played by Stephen Collins, long thought of as the, "Poor man's Ken Kercheval.") And I recall fondly how that one cop guy used to always "butt heads" with that younger jock guy! That sure was funny, all right. Funny, but touching.

The blonde twins who'd finish each others' sentences in indentical, expressionless monotones was a macabre stroke of genius; a real TV breakthrough of a caliber that's usually reserved for much "better" mediums than TV. -Like "movies."

"7th Heaven" was no "Small Wonder," (What is?) but I will always reserve a special place for it in my (figurative) heart. It's a "small wonder" that it was cancelled, though! -Get it?

5 comments:

Joey Polanski said...

"The blonde twins who'd finish each others' sentences ..."

Shades of Harcourt Fenton Mudd (click link an see Episode #2.8).

Joey Polanski said...

A park ranger?

JuicyFruiter?

"Im a lumbrjack an Im okay.

I sleep all nite an I werk all day."

Anonymous said...

Dear Gold State,

You promised us "Global Villagers" loitering here in "Cyberspace" a "Song Contest" from lyrics that we submitted to you sometime last year. Lyrics we loving gave to you for free.

Please give us an update as to what's going on? For we are all having to get our diapers changed over and over again as we wait in anticipation.

Don't get us mad to the point of storming your posh palace with torches and pitchforks!

Thank-you,
Paul's Official Fan Club

P.S. I guess it took MICHELANGELO a bit of time to create his masterpiece in the Sistine Chapel too. It's not done (or perfect)....until it's done. And we understand that. But if you could, please stay in touch about this most important project that's all. Remember, we all still have great faith in you :)

paul said...

If you think the title of this entry has anything whatsoever to do with the content, I invite you to read a little deeper, sir!

Good day!

Anonymous said...

that show was good until everyone started getting slutty