Thursday, May 04, 2006

Sick and/or Tired

I've been doing lots of "home-work" and studying because the school semester is almost over, which is one of the reasons I haven't been writing much here.

I was in one of my classes last night, and the professor came over to me and asked if I'd seen the Société Anonyme show at the UCLA Hammer Museum, and I told him that, no, I hadn't seen it yet, although I'd like to. (In case you're not an art dork, the Société Anonyme was an art organization founded in 1920 by Katherine Dreier, Man Ray and Marcel Duchamp.)

He had brought up the Société Anonyme show because way back on the first day of the semester, he had asked me what my major was, and I told him it was art. When he asked me who my favorite artists were, I told him Duchamp and Man Ray.

So, naturally, I was flattered because the guy remembered this detail about me all these months later.

But then, a short while later, he passed out the instructor evaluation forms. Occasionally at the end of a semester, instructors are required to have students fill out these forms so that the school can determine whether the instructors suck or not. I realized the guy was trying to suck up to me so I'd give him a good evaluation. The nerve.

So, naturally, I wrote a glowing evaluation because I truly am that shallow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey .... you have that black heart throbs cd david made ...... send that thing this way and let me give it a listen will ya ?

paul said...

Yes I will. It's good stuff. Really good stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hey "the mighty dr. illusion," this blog is not here for your demands, but instead for reflection and thought provoking comments. Hello...ever heard of a thing called email? Or better yet, a phone call? So disruptive...Why don't you give this "middle finger" a listen...

Geritopia said...

I saw the Hammer show over the weekend with my real-life artist friend. The show in the museum was very nice and I recommend it to any boy or girl! Later, we ate hot dogs and I caught a lizard!

Thank you.