Sunday, March 12, 2006

Massachusetts

The Gold State
The Harold's show on Friday was really fun, and thanks for making it special, if anyone who made it special is reading this.

CMG

CMG kind of blew everybody away, I think, and then we played really well (if I may say so), and then The Pressure rocked the joint in a very crazed manner. In keeping with the tradition of tragedy and controversy that befalls all TGS shows, one of the members of Please Don't Throw Rocks at Us had to leave or something, so they couldn't play, which was kind of lame because we didn't have enough music to fill the evening, and the Harold's folks weren't really happy and it made us look "bad." But it was really cool of the other members of the band to hang out all night. I mean, why wouldn't they, because it was really fun anyway, but still. They're really nice, and there are certainly no hard feelings or anything. Fortunately, David of Novi Split gallantly volunteered to play, and he ended up doing a bunch of cover songs that all the stragglers merrily sung/yelled along to, and it was probably more fun than another band would have been.
The Gold State

I think we played the best we've ever played, due to the fact that we were reasonably well-practiced. Also, Brian and I could both hear ourselves singing, for a change, so the harmonies were really good, I was told. We were able to hear ourselves so well, I think, because we brought two monitors this time. The extra monitor was a pain to drag around, but it was worth it, and we'd do it again, because we don't care what you say and you are not the boss of us.
The Gold State

(Amanda took all the pictures)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For those of you who didn't make it to the show, can I just say it rocked my ass off! The new The Goldstate song was awesome and CMG was a surprise hit (well, not a total surprise cause Carlos is great at every musical endeavor). I have to say the cover song session with David was pretty fun. Sorry y'all missed out. Pooh-pooh heads!

Cocovan said...

I am not a pooh-pooh head!
I had to work!
So I throw the pooh right back at Cha'..........
Not really but in my mind I doo!

Geritopia said...

I'm sorry I missed out but I'm buying a victorian time machine on Ebay and I hope to see everyone there!

paul said...

I bought one of those Victorian time machines on ebay, too, but my handlebar mustache kept getting caught in the spokes of the giant front wheel. It sucked!