Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Gale Gordon

Longtime visitors to the The Gold State Remarks page will know that I'm kind of afraid of bees. This is possibly the main reason that you're longtime visitors, though probably not. My melissaphobia (or apiphobia if you prefer the Greek root to the Latin one) isn't the most severe possible incarnation. If a bee comes too close to me, I simply duck and run involuntarily. Sometimes, it's accompanied by high-pitched, little-girl-like shrieking.

I discovered the other night at practice that three out of the four The Gold State members are afflicted with a fear of bees (Brian's the only one who isn't), which might be useless from a marketing perspective, but I think it's really kind of useful in terms of planning or not planning outdoor events, especially ones with loads of nearby nectar-laden flowers.

2 comments:

Cocovan said...

2-BEE or not too BEE is that your question?

Joey Polanski said...

Melissas a pip, is she?