Thursday, March 09, 2006

Bathroom Eyes

There's a new guy at my day job. He's really nice, and I like him as much as one can like someone they hardly know in a setting where everyone has to be on his or her best behavior. The new guy is very clean cut, and I overheard him say that he's a Mormon.

I've known my share of Mormons in my day, and one thing they've all had in common is that none of them ever say, "Bless you," when people sneeze. It's as if they scoff at the notion. "Hmmph. YOU blessing ME? THAT'S a good one." Jehovah's Witnesses don't say, "Bless you," either. If someone ever fails to say, "Bless you," when someone sneezes, they're either an Atheist, a Mormon, a Jehovah's Witnesses, or some combination of those three things.

The new guy (If that IS his actual name) says, "Bless you." Therefore, I think he's a spy or an alien or something. That's my theory. THE END

5 comments:

Geritopia said...

I've known my share of Mormons too. I've also come into accord with this non-"bless-you" stance, simply because it's a stupid obligatory custom . It's like saying "oh my goodness, are you OK?" following an orgasm. I want people to say "was it good for you?" after I sneeze.

Perhaps I'm not qualified to discuss this.

Joey Polanski said...

When somone says "Bless you" t me aftr I sneeze, I jus say "Thanks" an then rip a fartski.

Figgr THAT oughta be werf a warm sentiment too.

Cocovan said...

BLESS EWE!

paul said...

If someone sneezes, and my usual silence seems really awkward, I'll say, "Gesundheit," in a cartoon robot voice, and no one ever thinks it's amusing, for some reason.

Joey Polanski said...

Try sayin it in a Sargent Schultz voice.