Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Reservoirs of No Good Reason

I'm not color-blind (and you're probably not, either) but whenever I've heard that someone was color-blind, I've never felt sorry for the person. I've always experienced a slight twinge of jealousy.

Of course, there's also the whole question of how a person even knows if he or she is color-blind. How do they know what red is supposed to look like if they can't see red? How do I know I'm not color-blind? How would I know? All these questions.

Here's my idea: Pills that cause temporary color-blindness. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Go. Go and invent.

6 comments:

Geritopia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Geritopia said...

Everyone is "blind" to something, Paul. You see, the common man isn't given to the urgency his own mortality, if you know what I mean. And Paul, life, love and the knowing that children are our future can eventually bring us to humility and a new door opens in the universe which invites us in. Only you can make that choice, Paul.

Joey Polanski said...

Ah, t be COLORBLIND! Nevr t be BLUE again! Or in th PINK, fer that mattr.

Cocovan said...

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I'm blind, I'm blind!
How would I know?
Cause I can see dead colors......
No, Just kidding, I'm not color blind, But I am color deaf!
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I'm deaf, I'm Deaf!
How would I know?
I don't.........
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I'm stupid, I'm stupid!

paul said...

I apologize for not responding to comments more. I'll try to do better.

simple said...

How do you remove a post? Or is it you who's the author? What if I want to remove this?

How about those red and green glasses for 3D for temporary colorblindness? I took a color blind test. Buncha' spots on paper-tell me what number this is. I'm not colorblind. I know someone who can't tell between red and green at all. Doesn't seem to matter to him. Also doesn't seem to be able to tell me what color he does perceive when looking at red. What a ninny.