Saturday, July 29, 2006

Contest Song - Part 2

Today, I will present to you part two of the little song that is the result of the contest I held here on the The Gold State Remarks page a number of months ago. This one contains fine lyrics that were submitted by Geritopia from the Bloggy Blog.

This is by no means the final installment of this thing. There are at least two more (count 'em) song parts that I'm going to record for this.

Incidentally, this whole thing was inspired by something very nice that that Geritopia did over at Bloggy Blog. You can read about it here on my old The Gold State Remarks page if you're so inclined. Thanks very much to everyone who submitted stuff, and I wish I could use it all, but it's not humanly possible. Remember, this isn't finished yet, so your stuff might make it into the next song part thing.

Part one of the song, "Easy Breezy Japanesey," can be heard by clicking HERE, but I warn you that it's much louder than part 2, and I'm sorry, but I just discovered this and I can't fix it right now because I have to go out. I'm warning you. You can read about that part here.

Please click HERE to listen to this part of the song, which is probably called "Queen of Tarts."

"Queen of Tarts"

There's a beehive
knocking at your door
and the Queen of Tarts
wants to borrow a whore

Pins and needles
an anthill of sin
the mole inside
drinks his last pint of gin

and the Queen of Tarts
wants to borrow a whore
(etc)
-------------
Thanks again for playing and, again, stay tuned.

2 comments:

Geritopia said...

Good tune... sorry 'bout the lyrics. Here's my credit card number, just to settle the damage: 4646743346570

paul said...

Thanks for that. I just bought some toasters, so we'll call it even.