Monday, July 10, 2006

Contest Song - Part 1

We ran a little contest here a few months back where alert readers of The Gold State Remarks page submitted lyrics for me to put to music. The whole thing was inspired by something similar or "identical" that Geritopia did over at Bloggy Blog. You can read about it here on my old blog. (I'm trying to avoid the word "blog" in general, but you wouldn't know it to read this post, would you?)

Thanks to everyone who submitted stuff, because certainly, you didn't have to, and sorry it took so long, but I'm finally getting around to recording the thing. It's eventually going to be a medley with five or six different parts, but I'm posting only the first part right now, I guess, as a "teaser" of sorts.

This part contains words submitted by Cocovan and Geritopia with just a few supplemental words thrown in by me. It's a really rough mix, obviously, but I think it's appropriate for a teaser of sorts.

Click HERE to listen to Part 1 of the medley, "Easy Breezy Japanesey."
---

"Easy Breezy Japanesey"

Easy Breezy Japanesey
You've got the way to set yourself free
Easy Breezy Japanesey
You've got the way to set yourself free

Easy Breezy Japanesey
Greaseneck monkeys all in a row
Easy Breezy Japanesey
Like snowbanks on your worried furrow

Easy Breezy Japanesey
Feed the people watching TV
Easy Breezy Japanesey
They need help, on that we agree

----
Thanks for playing, and more soon.

7 comments:

Cocovan said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I like it, catchy tune, light and breezy...

Cocovan said...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Cocovan said...

I can't stop playing it!

paul said...

-HA!

Geritopia said...

Nah, that's a good song. You always win. Oh man, those lyricists really know how to put the fancy mustard on the shingle eh?

This reminds me, my last lyric contest has found me asleep at the wheel. I guess I'll have to drag my sorry ass over the Geritopia Studio and finish the wretched thing.

By the way, how far did you have to put your head into the toilet bowl to get that sound?

Cocovan said...

I don't think it was down in the toilet.......I think it might be up his............:)