Sunday, June 18, 2006

I Heart Invisible Martyrs

My romantic interest and I took her toddler niece with us (22 months old, if that means anything to anybody) on our afternoon excursions today and I learned some things:
  1. I curse a lot.
  2. I'm never ever having kids never ever I don't care what you say.
  3. Never ever.
I racked my brain today trying to come up with some kind of amusing trick to teach the child. I want to top or match the thing that another friend of the parents taught her. Check this out: If you're drinking a beverage and the child is drinking from her, um, "sippy cup," and you say, "Cheers," to her, she'll cheerily blurt, "Cheers," and heartily clink drinking vessels with you!

Despite my stubborn persistence, and to my great astonishment, the child inexplicably failed to show any interest whatsoever in mimicking my Ricky Ricardo-esque, "AI-ai-AIs." The best I could do today was that I taught her to act pensive. Now, if you ask her a question, she puts her index finger up to her cheek, looks skyward and lets out a really long and deliberate, "Hmmmmmmm."

6 comments:

Cocovan said...

WWWWWHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Phone Call - I didn't turn my Cell on until this afternoon (Monday) - by then I already knew you were baby sitting.

paul said...

S'allright.

Anonymous said...

Coward!

Cocovan said...

THE "THING"!!!!!!!!!!

paul said...

Yeah, the thing. Stay tuned, please.