Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Yes, Virginia: (To Be Continued...)

Here are the main vague criteria that I use when I'm determining who to vote for:
  1. The candidate has to have policies that more closely reflect my own beliefs than the other guy's policies.
  2. I have to be ok with the idea of the candidate "representing (us to the rest of the world)."
There's lots of other details, but who cares. I'm mainly just trying to paint the picture that I'm voting for Obama, but not because he's black. I'm voting for him because of lots of stuff.

But I'm just saying, as an extra, extra added secret bonus: How can you resist helping elect the first black president ever, for christsake? You're cool with the idea of being 90 and having people ask you if you voted for the first black president ever, and you have to tell them that you voted for the cranky old white guy and the bimbo?

Dude.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Word.
-Carlos (Benbow alumni)