Monday, October 20, 2008

The Boot & The Bonnet of It All

I'm sort of happy for the moment because, well, to make a long story short: The phone company didn't want to "credit" me back money that they fully were supposed "credit" back to me (or whatever, is credit even a verb?), and they completely were not going to do it at all, even after three emails back and forth where I was like, "Dude," but finally (because I knew I was right and I knew they had nothing on me) I was like all, "Sigh. This is taking waaay too much time, I'm totally just contacting the Better Business Bureau if you don't resolve this by Monday," (this was Friday, and I was actually paraphrasing, not quoting myself directly) and I had no idea whether or not that carried any water whatsoever, honestly, and I thought my threat might even elicit some hearty chuckles around the phone company water cooler (trying to keep the metaphors aquatic), but lo and behond, here it is Monday, and THAT's right.

I got a very polite and apologetic email from them saying they were going to undo all the charges and so sorry and jesus christ and everything. Who'd have thought it?

So, I'm just saying: Better Business Bureau. Right? Apparently.

(Insert prostitute-themed one-liner here).

No comments: