Tuesday, June 09, 2009

More Things That Will Never Happen

I'd found some faux marble masonite panels a few weeks ago, and Danelectro guitars were made from finished masonite, so I had the idea that I should make a guitar. Of course, you and I both know there's no way in hell that's ever going to happen.

I was experimenting with body shape designs, and I basically just stole images of guitars I liked from the internet and substituted a picture of my faux marble panel for the guitar's actual finish. That's as far as this project is likely to get. Here are some really rough mock ups:

Gibson "Non-Reverse" Firebird


Gretsch Duo Jet


This was a Danelectro


This was a real Danelectro or a Coral


Whether or not it's a good idea for me to build a guitar is pretty much irrelevant; It'll never ever happen in a millon years anyway.

THE END

No comments: