Monday, June 04, 2007

San Pedro Science Center - Closing?



These and lots of other animals live at the San Pedro Science Center, which is in very real danger of losing funding and being closed down, as I just found out. We used to have field trips there when I was a kid, and I watched chicks hatching in an incubator, among other amazing things. I can unreservedly say the Science Center helped nurture my love for animals.

Here's some contact info for local government folks that you can write to if you'd like to try to help save the Science Center. It could close in July, which is next month!

Councilwoman Janice Hahn:
councilmember.hahn@lacity.org


LAUSD board member Mike Lansing:
mike.lansing@lausd.net


Chief Instructional Officer Bob Collins:
Not sure, but probably bob.collins@lausd.net or robert.collins@lausd.net

Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa:
Mayor@lacity.org

Click on the pic to see more of my photos of the Science Center on flickr.


3 comments:

Cocovan said...

Please Paul,
No more pictures of your "COCKS"
Thank you........

Anonymous said...

Where is the Science Center, it would be fun to take Kai there. I thought it was gone a long time ago.

paul said...

It's off Westmont, on the same block as Cooper, the school for the "bad" kids. I can't think of the names of the cross streets, but it's between Mt Shasta Dr and the Home Depot. How about this: If you're on Westmont, driving from the Home Depot toward Mt Shasta Dr, you'll make a right turn.