Friday, January 20, 2006

I'm an Uncle, for Real

My little baby sister delivered a totally healthy infant, really late last night. He's fine, she's fine, and everybody's fine. I was a complete nervous wreck for most of the week, though. It was a really heavy head- trip thing for many reasons, some of which I can't even begin to understand.

There hasn't been a child in our family for many years. So something like this is probably no big whoop to most of you jaded aunts and uncles or young-ish parents, but it's a pretty big deal for us. We all spent a lot of really worried time in the hospital. But everything's great now.

(This is why I haven't returned emails or phone calls the last few days, in case you were wondering.)

So, that's pretty neat, isn't it?

3 comments:

Joey Polanski said...

What you been bfore -- a pretend uncle? Where dya werk that shtick -- th bus station?

(Seriosly, dudeski: CONGRATS!)

Anonymous said...

Dear Fellow Uncle,

Congratulations! And of course, to your Sister and her mate.

This world needs more "Cool People." And I know your family of "Good Folk," shall do a great job in raising such a beauty soul.

Best Regards,
Crane

paul said...

Thanks, everyone, although I'm not sure I deserve to be congratulated, as I did very little.
But, thanks a lot!