Monday, January 16, 2006

Hooray for Postmodernism

Three Things I Bought This Weekend:
  1. Katje's "Salzige Heringe" Licorice - I kept hearing about these, and when I came across them, I couldn't resist. "Salzige Heringe" means (I assume) "Salt Herring" in German. They're black licorice fish, coated in salt. They're even more weird than you think, and strangely addictive. I think they're like G-Rated absinthe.
  2. A plant for my desk at my new day job. Her name is "Plantie."
  3. A Calendar for my desk at my new day job. Did you know you can get calendars for 50% off at this time of year? Think about it: The year is only 1/24 over, yet the monetary value of calendars has plummeted. At this rate, they'll be completely worthless in a few days. For me, it serves as a bittersweet reminder of the transient, fleeting nature of time. -What a bargain, though!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you forgot th epost with the kittie hanging from a wire that says hang in there

Joey Polanski said...

Black licorice -- bleackkk!

Fish -- bleackkk!

Salt -- bleackkk!

Absinthe -- mmmmmm ...

Marti said...

OMG! LOL
I deliberately waited two weeks to buy a calendar because I knew the price would drop, and I'm a cheapskate - LOL